Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Bathrooms are hard work

Yesterday, I worked again with my friend Don, at his house. He is converting the second story of his barn into a small rental home. I helped him get started on the bathroom.

First, we made cuts in the concrete where pipes need to be installed for a toilet, a hot water tank, sink, etc.


Next, framing went up around it. One of Don's good carpenter friends framed the room while he, Don or I cut studs to the right size so he could put them up. Here is a photo of the framed bathroom, looking at it from behind the back wall (You can sorta see the cuts we made there in the floor, where the toilet and stuff are going to be).


Next was the most difficult - breaking up the concrete. Don and I would take turns with his jackhammer, while whoever wasn't using it was shoveling it out. I must admit, this was kind of fun, for about 2 minutes. Here is a picture of most of the concrete we broke up, all ready for the pipes to be laid in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This explains why tradesmen are so strong. Good work, Nate.