Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Over the last 2 days, I helped Don out in his barn again. This time, the work was mostly cutting and hanging drywall. I learned how to precisely cut drywall, using a utility knife. I was also able to cut out a piece of drywall for the ceiling, which involved cutting a hole for a can light. I think that was probably the most impressive thing I did all day, if I do say so myself...

I learned something important yesterday - you have to respect high-torque drill motors. I was using a hole saw to cut an opening for a moisture vent from the bathroom, and let me tell you, when the bit suddenly stops spinning (bites), your wrists don't like it at all. If Don hadn't warned me and I didn't know any better, I would have snapped my wrist. 

Over these two days, I learned a lot about drywall. But most importantly, I learned that I enjoy the work. I like to cut the drywall (and, occasionally, attempt to hang it). I'm sure it's easier and harder depending on the job situation, but I liked it. And if you like to do something, you'll eventually be really good at it, right?

1 comment:

Will Fifield said...

This is a very cool blog. You are learning a lot and doing well. Keep on going.